By using VR Answers's services, you agree to be bound by the following terms of service, as well as any other guidelines, rules and additional terms referenced herein, and rules are hereby incorporated herein by this reference (collectively, “Terms of Service”).
i. description of services
VR Answers services which are located at: http://www.VR Answers.com and all linked pages, helps users find and organize content around the web and participate in active online communities with other Members who share the same interests (“VR Answers Service”). These Terms of Service set out the legally binding terms with respect to your use of and our provision of the VR Answers Site and VR Answers Services. Please read these Terms of Service carefully. Your access to or use of the VR Answers Service constitutes your acceptance of all the provisions of these Terms of Service. If you are unwilling to be bound by these Terms of Service, do not access or use the VR Answers Service.
You must be 18 or over, or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age, to register as a VR Answers member or use the VR Answers Site and VR Answers Service. If you are under the age of 18 or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction, you can use the VR Answers Service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parent or guardian who has agreed to the Terms of Service. If you do not qualify, do not use the Service. Membership in the VR Answers Service is void where prohibited by applicable law, and the right to access the VR Answers Site is revoked in such jurisdictions. By using the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms of Service and to abide by all of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
Changes to the Agreement or the VR Answers Services
You agree and understand that these Terms of Service, the VR Answers Site and the VR Answers Services may be modified by VR Answers at any time without prior notice, and such modifications will be effective upon VR Answers's posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes on the VR Answers Site. You agree to review the Terms of Service periodically so that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the VR Answers Service after any modifications indicates your acceptance of the modified Terms of Service. Unless expressly stated otherwise by VR Answers, any new features, new services, enhancements or modifications to the VR Answers Service implemented after your initial access to the Service shall be subject to these Terms of Service.
ii. user conduct
Registration and Security
In order to use or access some of the VR Answers Services, you may be required to register with VR Answers and to select a password and user name. If you register, you agree to provide VR Answers with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of these Terms of Service, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You may not: (i) enter, select or use a false name or an email address owned or controlled by another person with the intent to impersonate that person, or, (ii) use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization. VR Answers reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a User ID in its discretion. You shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password. Any User ID and password provided to you for your access to the VR Answers Service shall be for your personal use only. You agree to (a) immediately notify VR Answers of any unauthorized use of your User ID or password, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Use of the Site/Services by Members
You may invite people you know to join VR Answers. You may download or copy the portions of the information, data, text, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials available via the VR Answers Service ("Content"), and other items displayed on the VR Answers Site, for your own use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. VR Answers does not control the Content posted by third parties via the VR Answers Service, including the content of any messages, comments or postings, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the VR Answers Service you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will VR Answers be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content. You are responsible for complying with all laws applicable to the Content you submit via the VR Answers Service. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. VR Answers reserves the right to edit and delete links or content that we deem offensive and non-compliant with our terms of service. VR Answers also reserves the right to append or edit links submitted by users with our affiliate marketing tags. Links submitted by users with their own affiliate codes will be modified accordingly.
Restrictions on Rights to Use
You shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service;
- collect any information about other users or members (including usernames and/or email addresses) for any purpose other than to solicit and share with other VR Answers users or members;
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- create or transmit unwanted electronic communications such as "spam" to other users or members of the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service or otherwise interfere with other user's or member's enjoyment of the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Service;
- submit any third party materials or Content without such third party's prior written consent;
- submit any Content or material that falsely express or imply that such Content or material is sponsored or endorsed by VR Answers;
- submit any Content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature;
- use of the VR Answers Site or VR Answers Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene;
- copy or store any Content offered on the VR Answers Site for other than your own use;
- submit Content or materials that are unlawful or promote or encourage illegal activity;
- submit false or misleading information to VR Answers;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
- use the VR Answers Site and/ or VR Answers Service, intentionally or unintentionally, to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
Content Posted By You on the VR Answers Site.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- You understand and agree that VR Answers may review and delete any Content (VR Answers, links, images, profiles, comments, postings, messages) that in the sole judgment of VR Answers violates these Terms of Service or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of other users or members of the VR Answers Site and/or other website users.
- You are solely responsible for the any Content that you publish or display on the VR Answers Site or transmit to other members and/or other website users (hereinafter, "Posted Content").
- You are solely responsible for your ratings and comments on VR Answers. VR Answers reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and any site which you have posted.
- You agree that you will only post Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- By posting Posted Content on the VR Answers Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, VR Answers, its contractors, and the users of the VR Answers Site an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/through the VR Answers Site. VR Answers reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the VR Answers Service and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the VR Answers Service and/or VR Answers Site. You may not post Content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading;
- is patently offensive to users of the VR Answers Site, such as Content or messages that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive;
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; and
- seeks or recommends providers of material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or seeks or recommends providers that solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
Copyright Dispute Policy
VR Answers has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of VR Answers's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section.
- VR Answers Policy
It is VR Answers's policy to (i) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, Content providers, members or users; and (ii) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements
If you believe that material or Content residing on or accessible through the VR Answers Site or Service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that VR Answers is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is VR Answers's policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the Content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that VR Answers will terminate such Content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent
If the Content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the Content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the Content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the Content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The Content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the Content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which VR Answers is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, VR Answers may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at VR Answers's discretion.
Contact Us for removal.
If you enter into correspondence or engage in commercial transactions with third parties in connection with your use of the VR Answers Service, such activity is solely between you and the applicable third party. VR Answers shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such activity. You hereby release VR Answers from all claims arising from such activity.
iii. copyright policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask that our users do the same. It is our policy to disable access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be infringing on a copyrighted work. We also disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who we believe in good faith are repeatedly infringing copyrighted works.
v. terms of service
These Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect while you use the VR Answers Site and/or VR Answers Services. Either Party may terminate these Terms of Service for any reason, at any time.
Except for the Content submitted by members or users, the VR Answers Service and all aspects thereof, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, is owned by VR Answers or its licensors. You acknowledge that the VR Answers Service and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the VR Answers Service contain VR Answers's proprietary information. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on the VR Answers Site, or VR Answers Services in whole or in part except as expressly provided in VR Answers's policies and procedures made available via the VR Answers Service. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, VR Answers and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the VR Answers Service not expressly granted by VR Answers to you are retained by VR Answers.
vii. warranty disclaimers
THE VR Answers SITE IS PROVIDED BY VR Answers ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. VR Answers AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE VR Answers SITE, VR Answers SERVICE OR SOFTWARE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE VR Answers SITE OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE VR Answers SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, VR Answers AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. VR Answers AND ITS LICENSORS AND AFFILIATES FURTHER DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED WITHIN THE VR Answers SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. VR Answers IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, OF ANY USER OF THE VR Answers SITE. VR Answers DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND VR Answers WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
VR Answers does not warrant or covenant that the VR Answers Service will be available at any time or from any particular location, will be secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the VR Answers Service is free of viruses or other potentially harmful components. Any material or Content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the VR Answers Service is accessed at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY ANY USER FROM VR Answers, THE VR Answers SITE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE VR Answers SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
viii. limitation of liability
VR Answers shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond VR Answers's reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference).
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VR Answers AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, VR Answers'S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO VR Answers FOR THE VR Answers SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (ii) $100 .
You agree to indemnify and hold VR Answers, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys' fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your access to the VR Answers Site, (ii) your use of the VR Answers Services, (iii) the violation of these Terms of Service by you, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account or User ID or password, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
VR Answers, the VR Answers logo, and other VR Answers logos and names are trademarks of VR Answers. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without VR Answers's prior, written consent.
xii. contact and violations
Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms of Service. Please report any violations of the Terms of Service via this form: Contact Us